Nigerian Institute for Character Education was registered in 1986 by The Ministry of Information, Social Development, Youth and Culture Edo State of Nigeria. The Institute is a non-profit and Non- governmental voluntary organization whose aims and objectives are mainly;
- To create a conducive atmosphere for positive character development and manifestation in the Nigerian populace
- To generate ideas and embark on actions aimed at giving meaning to positive character development.
- To develop and encourage the spirit of national consciousness in the Nigerian citizenry.
- To inculcate and sustain the dignity of labour in the Nigerian populace.
- To generate the spirit of moral uprightness as opposed to unbridled desire for material acquisition.
- To achieve any other relevant objective(s) as may be determined from time to time.